In which I talk about how fibre arts connect us to the past, discuss the plethora of resources I’ve been finding for Level 2, contemplate the importance of a common set of terms in fibre arts, talk about how project monogamy didn’t work for me this week, read two of the spinning poems/songs I found, and bring you up to date on the Bayeux tapestry project. Thanks for listening!
Connections to the Past
- Master Spinner Program
- Fibre Week at Olds College
- Traditional & Folk Songs – Lyrics – Great site for mostly English-language folk songs.
- Homepage for the Arbeitsgruppe Bekleidung Textile Techniken at the University of Innsbruck – Great resource for photographs of tool, as well as a few papers. Take a look at the Short Spindle Typography!
- Burp cloth from Mason-Dixon Knitting (Ravelry)
- Spring Yet? Cowl – My project page, and the pattern page on Ravelry. Also, a link to Dragonfly Dyewerx on Etsy.
- Baby Sweater on Two Needles (February) by Elizabeth Zimmermann
Fibreside Notion Box
By The Wayside