Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 30:07 — 27.6MB)
In which I try not to melt in the heat, successfully spin cotton and weave a silk swatch for Level 3, avoid a measurement error that could have cost me marks, finish one sock and start the next, talk yarn bombing with Maureen Young of the Inglewood Neighbourhood Empowerment Team, and finish the outlining on the Tapestry. Thanks for listening!
The Heat Is On
- The French Executioner by C.C. Humphreys (Chapters link), which was the book I mentioned at the beginning of the essay. It seems to be out of print.
- Master Spinner Program
- Fibre Week at Olds College
- The Practical Spinner’s Guide to Cotton, Flax, and Hemp by Stephanie Gaustad: on Amazon.com and Chapters.Indigo
- My blog post about my beautiful swatch
- Ply’s blog post about the error in the twist measuring article photographs
- Dazzle Them From Behind Socks – my project page – Tour de Sock Stage 4
- Tour de Sock official website
- Maureen Young, who is part of the Inglewood Neighbourhood Empowerment Team
- Knitmonton’s post about Operation Gussy Up
- A short history of the Charles Camsell Hospital
- Some pictures from someone who snuck in a few years ago. I do not condone the sneaking in, but the photos give you an idea of the state of the building.
By The Wayside
Write a comment