Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 27:00 — 27.3MB)
In which I go to Knit City Vancouver for two hours, spend a lot of time preparing things, talk about ramie for Level 4, finish a sock and make good progress on the second, am almost knitting on the Autoknitter but have learned lots in trying to cast on, and don’t get anything done on the Accolade. Thanks for listening!
- Grinsheep Fibre Productions, where my wedding shawl fibre came from.
- In the Night Garden by Lidia Zigninova – the pattern for my wedding shawl!
- Vanilla is the New Black socks by Anneh Fletcher (Ravelry link).
- Sea Turtle Fiber Arts.
- Homegrown from West Coast Colour and Carding – the one I bought is dark brown.
- Targhee/nylon sock wool from Crafty Jak’s – the colourway I got was show-exclusive to Knit City, but there are lots of other cool colours here.
- Lascaux Fine from Ancient Arts – it is 25% Manx Loaghtan Wool / 75% Punta Arenas Wool.
Cranking on the Fibreside
- Some information about the Autoknitter machines.
- This one looks a lot like mine (the before restoration photos).
- The video we found that has a Legare CSM, very similar to my Autoknitter.
By The Wayside
- The Accolade kit from Bucilla – so old it’s out of print.
- Based on the painting The Accolade by E.B. Leighton.
Write a comment