I survived the first weekend intact, and even made a good bit of progress on a few things. At Enjoy Centre knitting on Saturday, I finished plying the travel project.
It just needed a bath (which happened Sunday), and now I can figure out yardage and come up with a project. I also started the knit-on edge of Wave Maiden.
Since it’s one body stitch for every two rows of 19 stitches, I’m going to be at this a while, but it’s getting close to finished! I’m already thinking about the next project to cast on. Bad Ness! Sweater first…
For homework I spun up a really crappy woolen skein, then carded up four more rolags and spun up one that I think might have 11 passable yards in it. What I’ve learned is that I need to practice spinning woolen more often. I didn’t do perfect woolen finishing, but I manhandled them a bit, so hopefully they’re fulled up nicely. The Corriedale from last weekend also got its bath, and so did the travel project.
Today’s project is figuring out the socks. I’m picking up the gussets, and I’m having trouble getting my head around how to make it go on the needles… It’s messy. But I had to throw out another pair of socks, so I’m down to six pairs I can wear in winter weather, and that’s just not enough.
It feels productive, and it feels like I’m making progress, which is not a bad thing. The rest of the week is going to be spent relearning things like scheduling my life around cooking dinner (or scheduling cooking dinner around my life), and chipping slowly away at the things that need chipping (no, not the driveway… 🙂 ).